Othello is a Jacobean play by Shakespeare with a relatively small cast. Players-Shakespeare.com’s MFFEV5 edition provides castings for 6 to 10 playreaders, plus the original, Jacobean, cast list. This cast list is for 10 players. The roles for each player are shown below with links to a highlight text script. If you want to read your script in Parts and Cues format, change the script format in the setup window (accessed via the gearwheel in the top right-hand corner of the script window).
A cast list for 10 players is a stretching it a bit. The smallest 3 parts all have less than 100 lines. Still, if you’ve got 10 players, it will work.
The roles for the 10 playreaders are as follows:
- Player 1: Iago
- Players 2: Othello
- Player 3: Desdemona, Officer
- Player 4: Cassio
- Player 5: Brabantio, Lodovico, Musician, Voice
- Player 6: Emilia, Senator2
- Player 7: Roderigo, Duke
- Player 8: Montano, Clown, Messenger
- Player 9: Bianca, Senator1, Gentleman3, Herald
- Player 10: Gratiano, Gentleman2, Gentleman1, Sailor
If you want to understand better how to use our MFFEV5 CloudReader, read:
- Preparing Malvolio for Performance using MFFEV5 CloudReader and Parts and Cues